Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


If you were summoned to appear at the Mammoth Lakes courthouse on Monday, June 10, 2024, this trial has VACATED and you DO NOT need to appear.

Jury Duty related Scams

There are several jury-related scams sweeping the country. These scams can come as phone calls or e-mails. Mono County Superior Court does not initiate phone calls or e-mails. Please do not respond to these communications.


- REQUEST A FINE REDUCTION ONLINE for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool. 

If you cannot afford to pay the full amount of a fine for an infraction offense (including most traffic tickets), you may ask the court to reduce the amount you owe based on your ability to pay. 


Civil Division

The Civil Division handles matters involving a lawsuit in which one party sues another to recover money or property, to enforce a contract or an obligation, to collect damages for injury or to protect some civil right. Unlawful detainers, restraining orders, and name changes are handled by the Civil Division.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)

Most civil disputes are resolved without filing a lawsuit, and most civil lawsuits are resolved without a trial. The courts and others offer a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) processes to help people resolve disputes without a trial. ADR is usually less formal, less expensive, and less time-consuming than a trial.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Information

More information about ADR is also available on the California Courts website.

Name Change

Name Change information is available online at California Courts Self-Help.

Restraining Order

Domestic violence and restraining order information is available online at California Courts Self-Help.

Unlawful Detainer

An unlawful detainer is a lawsuit that a landlord files in court to evict a tenant. If the judge agrees with the landlord, the landlord can ask the Sheriff to physically remove the tenant from the rental unit.

Read more about unlawful detainers.


Frequently asked questions about civil and family law.

Read the FAQ about civil and family law.