Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


If you were summoned to appear at the Mammoth Lakes courthouse on Monday, June 10, 2024, this trial has VACATED and you DO NOT need to appear.

California Traffic Safety Institute - Clerk Position

This entry-level position performs routine to moderately complex clerical duties in the areas of legal document processing, customer service, intake review, and clerical support work. Please  visit the CTSI website to learn more: 

Jury Duty related Scams

There are several jury-related scams sweeping the country. These scams can come as phone calls or e-mails. Mono County Superior Court does not initiate phone calls or e-mails. Please do not respond to these communications.


- REQUEST A FINE REDUCTION ONLINE for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool. 

If you cannot afford to pay the full amount of a fine for an infraction offense (including most traffic tickets), you may ask the court to reduce the amount you owe based on your ability to pay. 


Juvenile Cases

Please be advised Juvenile cases are strictly confidential and no information will be given on the phone. Parties wishing to obtain information must present identification establishing themselves to be parties to the case.

The Court hears two kinds of Juvenile cases, Juvenile Dependency and Juvenile Delinquency.

More information on Juvenile Court.

Juvenile Dependency

The California Welfare and Institutions Code, starting at section 300, sets forth the legal requirements, process and objectives for Dependency Court. Dependency matters are filed with the Court when there are reports that children have been abandoned, abused or neglected by their parent(s) or legal guardian. These cases are also filed with the Court when parents or legal guardians are unable or unwilling to care for their children.

The objectives of Dependency Court are to:

  1. Protect the health and safety of minor children;
  2. Preserve families, whenever possible;
  3. Provide placement of children with a relative, foster family, group home or an adoptive parent if it is determined to be in their best interest.

Juvenile Delinquency

The Welfare and Institutions Code, starting at section 602, describes the Court's jurisdiction over misdemeanors and felonies committed by minors (persons under 18 years of age.) For certain serious crimes, the law currently provides the possibility of trying juveniles as adults in the Adult Criminal Court.

Parents or guardians have the right to receive a copy of the delinquency petition, stating the delinquent acts the child is accused of committing. The petition does not prove that the minor committed these acts and there will be opportunities at court hearings to present evidence regarding the minor's involvement in the alleged criminal acts.

For those who cannot afford legal representation for their children, the Court will appoint an attorney. Please note that this attorney represents the child only and will not represent the parents or guardians.

The objectives of the Delinquency Court are to:

If a minor becomes a ward of the Delinquency Court, the Court will make orders for the parents or guardians and the minor. The minor may be allowed to live in the parents' or guardians' home under Court supervision or may be placed outside of the home in an unlocked or locked facility. The factors that the Court will consider in making this determination include the child's age, the seriousness of the offense, and the history of delinquency.

  1. Protect the minor;
  2. Give guidance to the minor;
  3. Punish minors who commit delinquent acts, and;
  4. Ensure the safety of the community.

Hearing Schedule

Transfer-in hearings for both dependency and delinquency matters are held on Mondays (excluding holidays) at 1:30 p.m. in the Mammoth Lakes branch of the Superior Court, located at 100 Thompsons Way, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546. Mailing address is P.O. Box 1037, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546.

Questions related to both dependency and delinquency matters may be directed to the address above, email the court at, or by calling (760) 924.5444 Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.